Garden Chick - Notes from the Garden

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Is It Fall Yet?

Is it Fall Yet? I can't wait, so  I purchased some outdoor furniture covers for the patio and then started my decorations early. I like to create little "vignettes" with some of my favorite junk. This old black bicycle sat under a tree all summer with nothing on it, just waiting for me to dress it up. You can take a piece like this and use it seasonally. I found this scarecrow at Old Time Pottery in Murfressboro, Tennessee when I went up to take some of my Gardenchick products up for my friend Shawn's monthly Studio Thursday. I always stop there since it is about an hour and a half drive from home. They had the scarecrow on sale (of course, I am cheap), and the sign I got from Shawn last year. My new sign from her says Boo! Ya'll and will go on the bike at Halloween along with a pumpkin added to the scarecrow. Add a Turkey or Pilgrims for Thanksgiving, and a Christmas Sign for Christmas along with Christmas Yard Art and some presents in the basket. I found a spring sign I purchased from Shawn last year in the closet while "organizing" last week, and it will be perfect for spring. It is bright pink with black writing and says "Please Be Seeded". I want to get ivy started around the tree and purchased a pot at a local nursery. After dividing it into three pieces, I planted it in this area and covered with tree mulch. Yard art can be fun. Just pick up one piece and decorate around it all year long.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

  • I am anxious for Fall but it's 92 degrees here! Ugh. I think you're inspiring me to drag out my Fall and Halloween decorations!

    By Blogger VintageSage, At September 12, 2009 at 5:57 PM  

  • Fall is coming Wednesday here ..lol
    Congrats on your nomination from Blotanical. I posted your link this morning on my blog. have a wonderful weekend hugs, Cherry

    By Blogger cherry, At September 25, 2009 at 7:36 AM  

  • Congratulations on being nominated on Blotanical for Best Georgia Blogger, along with Cherry and me and two others. We're in good company.

    Nell -- Seedscatterer

    By Blogger Jean Campbell, At September 25, 2009 at 7:52 AM  

  • Wow, I didn't even know I was nominated! There are so many great blogs out there. I could spend all day going from one to another. I need to get blogging again there is so much we could be doing in the garden. Days of rain here. Our county was declared a disaster area! We are okay but many people are just now drying out.
    Thanks Cherry and NellJean for your comments

    By Blogger Unknown, At September 25, 2009 at 3:06 PM  

  • Hi!

    Congratulations! Your readers have submitted and voted for your blog at The Daily Reviewer. We compiled an exclusive list of the Top 100 sustainability Blogs, and we are glad to let you know that your blog was included! You can see it at http://thedailyreviewer.com/top/sustainability

    You can claim your Top 100 Blogs Award here : http://thedailyreviewer.com/pages/badges/sustainability

    P.S. This is a one-time notice to let you know your blog was included in one of our Top 100 Blog categories. You might get notices if you are listed in two or more categories.

    P.P.S. If for some reason you want your blog removed from our list, just send an email to angelina@thedailyreviewer.com with the subject line "REMOVE" and the link to your blog in the body of the message.

    Cheers!

    Angelina Mizaki
    Selection Committee President
    The Daily Reviewer
    http://thedailyreviewer.com

    By Blogger The Daily Reviewer, At September 30, 2009 at 11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


blog powered by Blogger
skinned by RedLime