Garden Chick - Notes from the Garden

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

chick update







Aren't my babies getting to be big? They are now in their own HUGE pen. I tried the first few nights to corral them into their house, but found that they liked roosting in the trees, and it was getting a little embarrassing knowing they continually outsmarted me. This pen is on the side of the hill on our property and is shaded by huge trees. I still need to get a couple more hens for the two roosters.








Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

  • wow they have got big! kids and animals seem to always outsmart us in the end!lol if i were a chicken i would really appreciate the nice shade your chicken quarters have. i read somewhere that it is nice to grow lemon balm near poultry pens as it keeps the beasties they can get plaqued with, down. just thought to mention it. big hugs and thanks for sharing:)

    By Blogger Comfrey Cottages, At June 9, 2009 at 7:55 AM  

  • They are looking great! Was that you who was trying to figure out what kind you had? One of them looks like my Rhode Island red and the other looks like my supersized Buff Orpington.

    By Blogger Aquarian Bath, At June 9, 2009 at 10:15 AM  

  • Yes, that was me asking about the kind of chicks they are. I know they aren't Rhode Island Reds. You can't see their feet, but they are covered with feathers. I think the Buff Orpingtons are my best bet.
    Karen

    By Blogger Unknown, At June 9, 2009 at 2:25 PM  

  • They have really grown! I'm going to have to move my big babies into their own pen so I can move the brooder babies up. They are starting to crowd the brooder. It amazes me how fast they grow.

    By Blogger  Kentucky Farm Girl, At June 10, 2009 at 8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


blog powered by Blogger
skinned by RedLime