Garden Chick - Notes from the Garden

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Time to Garden!

Finally, a few clear days to finish up the garden. It has rained steadily here for the last month. We have the corn, beans, squash, peppers, tomatoes, okra, green beans and cucumbers planted. I swear, I saw those green beans come up and grow overnight!.

My chickens are in the yard daily, and boy have they grown with all the green grass and weeds. They are still small enough to catch by tricking them with their food, but Sunday I am going to fix their pen, and they are going to learn to live outside and not in my dining room. They can really make a mess. The final result is 2 roosters, 1 hen. I am going to have to find a couple more hens to keep the boys happy.

I haven't posted for over 2 weeks, due to a stomach bug, and then into my chest. Thanks for those who checked in on me. I am never sick, and this has really gotten me into a funk! But, I am back now, getting ready to go to Chicago in the morning. I was selected to Pitch My Products at the Country Living Womens Entrepreneur Conference. I am taking along my "Mackenzies Garden Products" and hope the judges love my products. Tomorrow, before I will leave, I will post a new giveaway. I was contacted by Home Depot to give away a 100.00 gift card! Just in time for the summer and Father's Day.

Send me good thoughts!
Karen

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • sweet you are feeling better and that you are taking the chicago trip with an eye to promoting the mackenzie line! sooo proud of you! been slam packed busy here what with school letting out for the summer. 6 grandkids ages 1, 4, 7 two 8yrolds and an 11 yr old!! good luck in chicago! big hugs :)

    By Blogger Comfrey Cottages, At June 1, 2009 at 5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


blog powered by Blogger
skinned by RedLime