Garden Chick - Notes from the Garden

Friday, February 6, 2009

General Beauregard Lee's Spring Prediction




Forget about science. Every February General Beauregard Lee is taken from his antebellum mansion at the Yellow River Game Ranch located in Lilburn Georgia to predict an early spring or 6 more weeks of winter for the south. On February 2, in 30 degree weather, and an overcast sky, no shadow was seen. I don't care that his northern counter-part, Punxsutawney Phil, didn't see his.......I choose to believe Beau. It didn't help though that the low temperature that night was 16, today's predicted temp is in the 50's, with Saturday and Sunday in the 60's!!!. Go Beau.


The next time you are near Atlanta, stop in and visit him at the Yellow River Game Ranch. Tell him I said thanks.




These pictures are from the office website of the General, the game ranch.


Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • it will be fun to see which one groundhog forcasted correctly!lol we are having unseasonable warm weather right now and just enjoying the moment here. december and january were so hard grateful for the respite! hugs from leslie

    By Blogger Comfrey Cottages, At February 10, 2009 at 7:04 AM  

  • Leslie, I choose to stick with Beau. We too are having unseasonably warm weather, but you know what comes with that. Severe thunderstorms expected tonight. I had my windows and screen door open on Saturday. I am just not made to be in cold weather. Keep me updated on the hives. I am bringing one home in the next month! Karen

    By Blogger Unknown, At February 10, 2009 at 5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


blog powered by Blogger
skinned by RedLime