Garden Chick - Notes from the Garden

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Free Publicity

As you made have read on the intro to my blog, I indicate that I am trying to develop and grow my online business http://www.gardenchick.com/. For any of you out there trying to come up with inexpensive ways to get your name out there, you don't always know whether your marketing will work, and for those of us who do not have a big ( or even existant marketing budget), magazine advertising, or advertising on big online sites is out of our reach. I believe it may take years of small steps, plugging way, but that at some point you will be "discovered".

I am not sure how I discovered the following site, but find it interesting, and I have submitted products, or pictures as requested. The site http://www.helpareporter.com/ sends out 3 "requests" daily from blogs, reporters, journalist etc., who are looking for info, products etc on certain subjects. You will have to filter through some requests that have nothing to do with your business, but at least 3 times a week, I find something I can respond to. Just go to the site and submit your email address. A number of the requests for reviews of your products ask for pictures only, or may ask for a product. The owner of the site has limited the amount of product reviews, and to only legitimate blogs or sources. Often the info is requested by well known magazines or television programs. If you are an expert on a subject, the request may be for an interview. I have submitted 2 products and several pictures. Two of the products I sell, the Ultimate Garlic Bread and Fiesta Dip were reviewed on the following blog, and I am awaiting a couple of more reviews. Check out the review here http://typeamom.net/Homemade-Gifts/Garden-Chick-Products.html
For those of you interested, I will continue to post ideas on promoting your business when I find them helpful.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • Hi! Just wanted to remind you where you probably found out about HARO.. Homeschool-Entrepreneur.com Newsletter! I'm reviewing you in this week's newsletter, so I figured it would be OK to throw that in!

    We're all in this together, and the more we all talk about each other,(and write comments) the better, right? This is the best blog!
    Blessings!

    By Blogger Deb Maubach, At December 2, 2008 at 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


blog powered by Blogger
skinned by RedLime