Garden Chick - Notes from the Garden

Friday, November 14, 2008

Fall Leaves


I don't know why, but this year I have noticed the changes in the leaves much more than usual. Golden yellows, deep oranges, and bright reds have dotted the roadside along my ride each day. This Silver Maple in my front yard was green one day, and then two days later this gorgeous yellow.

I love living in the south where we get to experience all the seasons, but not the harsh weather so early like some parts of the country. Scenes of snow and blizzards have appeared on the news, but this weeks balmy 63 degrees has allowed my granddaughters and I to get outside in search of a little fun. With their kid size rakes in hand we managed to rake up enough leaves for a little fun.
When the fun was over with leaves, what's a girl to do? Hunt for worms of course. With jars and shovels in hand, a few minutes of digging under the leaves unearthed quite a treasure trove of wiggly creatures.







Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


blog powered by Blogger
skinned by RedLime